Our mission is to be strategic Planner for all the activities of this Ministry and to be the ambassador for all the foreign funded projects executed by the Ministry by way of planning, monitoring, coordinating and evaluating the project activities through a service oriented approach while providing efficient IT platform for all the divisions and connected stakeholders.
- To support Local Authorities in Sri Lanka to deliver services and Local infrastructure in a responsive and accountable manner.
- To increase mobility and enhance the quality of living standards of the rural communities.
- To improve the connectivity in the Provinces by improving of Provincial and Rural Roads and Bridges.
- To provide improved better infrastructure facilities & services to the public specially, drinking water for CKD areas while uplifting the Local Authorities from the present backwardness.
- To Improve Urban Environment and better public health for Urban and Suburban residents through improved marine and inland water quality and a resulting improvement in hygiene and sanitary condition.
- To promote the effective and sustainable management of the irrigation infrastructure, and to achieve sustainable improvement of water and land productivity.
- To enhance access to quality of primary and secondary education to provide a foundation for the knowledge-based economic and social development of the country.
- To upgrade the standards of performance of the public health system and enable it to better respond to the challenges of malnutrition and non - communicable diseases.
Projects Monitoring Unit
- To achieve project objectives with the coordination of foreign funded projects with line Ministries, departments, project management units and other relevant parties.
- To monitor the progress of ongoing projects.
- To hold National Project Steering Committees.
- Preparation of Cabinet Memoranda related to projects.
- Administrative affairs including cadre recruitment for the projects.
- To liaise with the other divisions of the Ministry.